Another FAQ?, Tie-rod protector, and Keys

>I've taken a little initiative with Scott's Idea about photos on the Web and
>started the "IHC Digest FAQ"-its only a start but if you guy like it you can
>send me Ideas and information-if you guys think its stupid it won't go any
>further-it will contain stuff that we always talk about cylinder head swaps,
>axle info- and of course, spud guns and squirt guns.  I've really only
>worked on the "engine" section-but I have no info to go in it. check it out
>at http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/adesp/ihc.htm help me out!!
>Chris Des Planques
>'67 800

Chris, have you looked at the ihc-digest FAQ on the binderbulletin web
site?  I would assume that another FAQ would be a duplication of effort.
There is a lot of information there, already.
John

-----------------------------

>	Basically I was asking if I would fly off the road and die if I
>removed the anti-sway bar, but from your answer I think I'll just leave it
>on (the gain in flex sounds minimal).
>
>bye for now
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>Mark A. Pepe			mpepe@domain.elided		Tucson,Az

Actually, and Howard could verify or negate this, I think that
International viewed that as a Tie-rod protector. I and most people that I
know discarded it, because the holes that hold it in place get really
elongated and it doesn't stay in place anyway. My Scout doesn't miss it. I
use homemade shackles made of really good steel and with each pair tied
together by plates front and rear.
John

>Just because I thought it was strange, my MSD 6A came with the following
>rev. limiting plug in modules: 3000,  6000,  7000, 8000 rpm.
>That's a hard group to choose from for my 345 engine.
>John

John Landry correctly reminded me that I have a MSD 6AL which means I have
the module with the limiters. I appreciate the correction.
John
>------------------------------

>stop.  As it was, he was able to look in a book, compare the
>height of my key at various spots, and made a new key
>"from the numbers".  We verified it worked, then made a couple
>of working copies.  I put the 'master' away and only have copies
>made from it.  My total cost was under $10, and I did not
>take anything apart.
>If you plan to do this, check with the locksmith first to confim cost.
>
>Good Luck
>Allan Weidenheimer
>72 1210 Pickup

Allan,
That's really good to know, The International keys which use the same
blanks as AMC have very short teeth on them even when new and for the most
part continue to work after the teeth are worn down, but it's nice to know
that you can get a new set of dentures.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"