compressor bearning source

>I could buy another cheap York compressor from a wrecking yard, but I'd rather
>have a new bearing that I know the condition of... especially since the
>compressor I have is in otherwise perfect condition.
>
>Anyone have any other sources I might try?

John,
I would try to pull the bad bearings and see if there is a number on the
outer race that could be crossed or matched from a bearing suppy house,
then simply press them in. I'll admit that this may not be doable (I'm not
familiar with what type bearings are used) and certainly isn't as easy as
replacing the whole unit, but would likely be really cheap.

Terry  Rust

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force. Like fire, it
is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
George Washington