Jeds' weather strip ie. 1/4" x 1" hole.

Heya Jed...Art here...

	We used to have a time weather stripping the Radar control vans (in the
Philippines) and found that one step -preceding the drilling- made it
nearly effortless. To wit: "Frost Aide" -AKA component cooler, or
chiller. Ours holes were 3/16 x 1/2 every 8". Whatta drag.
	It's probebly something like nitrogen-in-a-can. We use it primarily for
super super-cooling chips that (seemed to) be failing.
(And, sometimes, to awake someone's SLEEPING butt!)
	Get's 'em outta thermal runaway in a HURRY. Will solidify even
something as porous as rubber.

	A can of that is about $8.00 US -Dick Smith's store will have it with
the e-goodies. Spraying down the spot will ice it up just as you're
ready to drill. Soak it good; rubber's mass/modulas of elasticity is
pretty low....close to that of about...oak(?).

(The locals used to use it on our motorbikes' U-bolt locks -then with a
hammer, shatter 'em. *pop* "free bike" ....morons....)

Good Luck!

Art
   |OLD SUV|
    -------