Re: ihc-digest V5 #115 Governors on 345 392

Joel,

I'd bet serious money that there are no governors on Scout motors.  My 79
definitely didn't have one unless it was in the distributor.  I'd bet
valve float occurs around 4000 with a stock setup.  This is a pretty good
governor in itself.

In the heavy trucks they probably installed them to keep the drivers from
blowing the motors.  Can you say to lazy to shift.  Did youever listen to
the trash trucks being driven.  Also these motors were not exactly
powerhouses when hauling a dump truck around.  Sounded to me like they
just ran them up to max governed rpm and went faster or slower by changing
gears.  Just like a tractor.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776