Re: Rev. limiters

John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided> scribbled in the sand:

>Just because I thought it was strange, my MSD 6A came with the following
>rev. limiting plug in modules: 3000,  6000,  7000, 8000 rpm.
>That's a hard group to choose from for my 345 engine.

Actually John, you must mean the MSD 6AL don't you?  Really I'm not trying to
scrutinize your post... just making sure would be MSD buyers don't get mixed
up.  The 6AL is the same as the 6A with the addition of the rev limiting
feature (and costing more of course).

MSD sells additional modules in groupings of 5 rpm ranges increasing by 200
rpms each.  For example, their part number 8743 contains modules 3000, 3200,
3400, 3600, and 3800 rpms.  These groups cost $20.69 through Summit Racing.
MSD also sells "selectable" rpm modules.  They feature a dial to choose a
limit through a 2200 rpm range.

Regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |