Re: Speedometer Calibration

Mike Bucher <mbucher@domain.elided>wrote:

<<The odometer is a gear driven device, the speedometer needle runs off a
magnetic coupling.  The odometer will be linear and the speedometer can
vary.  On my Datsun, the odometer is about 3% off, the speedometer is
accurate to 25 and gets way off above.  Nominally 10 miles off at 65.
Need
to check odometer and speedometer for accuracy.>>

   To check speedometer head calibration a distributor machine, lathe,
drill, etc.. can be used to spin the speedo head.  At 1,000 rpm the
speedo should read 60 mph. I prefer to use the distributor machine since
it is variable speed, and has a built -in tachometer, but a small drill
and a hand tach could also be used.

good luck

Eldon McFarling
Ceresco, NE