Re: Lift and V8 266

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998 Mark A Pepe <mpepe@domain.elided> wrote:

>What about shackles? I know Confer makes some heavy duties as well
>as others. I'm considering getting rid of that "stabilizer" (the piece of
>spring steel that goes between the two front shackles) and going with a
>shock type in the interest of a little more articulation.  Comments?

Try driving without the "stabilizer" plate; just unbolt it.  Hit that 1st
corner slowly tho'  -  my Scout was scary without it.  I remove it for
wheeling but put it back on before hitting the street.  By the way, it makes
a 100+ RTI point difference.

What did you mean by a "shock type"?  The function of the plate is to fight
body roll by tying the shackles together - very different from a shock style
steering stabilizer.
Bob
77 Scout