license plate lights

Regarding replacing the license plate light - on my old 1210 Travelall
which had a chrome bumper in back, I had to replace the lamp holders because
they were bent and corroded and the vehicle had to pass lamp and brake
inspection.  I got the type that looks more like the first one described
below and it worked fine.  It depends on the bumper for a ground and I think
that it is sort of a standard in older vehicles.  I got it at a Kragen's store.

I hope that this is useful - of course this may not apply to anything
if there is no such hole in the scout.

- Allan

1973 1110 Travelall

Included Message Follows:

BTW, anyone have a good replacement thought on the license plate lamp?  I'm
just waiting for an officer to need a new excuse to pull me over (after I
replaced the tail light they got me for last time.. by walking around back
with my Leatherman and a spare bulb, changing in front of the officer.. HAH!).

I have two styles that I've found at the local stores.. one is LARGE, a
round bulb with a ring around the base, with some triangle "claws" that go
away from the bulb.. designed to be stuffed into a rather large hole, and
interference fit.

The other looks about the right size and such, but it's a cylinder, mated to
a flange.. my plan is to drill out the dimple that holds the cylinder to the
flange, and use just the cylinder w/ bulb, and maybe fit the flange back on
after I fit it though the stock lamp hole.

Oh.. previous owner cut the wires on the license plate lamp.. :)