Sympathizing with part of Colorado trip

Ok, first off, let me say that I still have digests (quite a few, to be
exact) to catch up on.  I just got done with #97 to be exact, and have yet
to read the rest.
Anyway, over the break in classes here at Purdue, I went snowmobiling.
Left here the Sunday after Christmas and got back New Years Day.  I won't
get into the details of the trip, just my one ponderment.  Where were all
of the IH's????  I saw zippo, zilch, NONE on the road on the way to Irons,
Michigan (about halfway between Cadilac and the lake off of hwy 37).
Anyway, there were something like _two_ IH *trucks* I saw while in Irons,
one with a snowplow blade (imagine that!), both four wheel drive.  I saw
NO Scouts.  I don't know if I just wasn't looking hard enough, or if I was
looking too hard, if thats possible.  I also saw several old IH farm
trucks, too.  But I would've thought at least a few Scouts.  Granted I
also expected them to be complete rust buckets, but still, Scouts.
Anyway, I just wanted to get this off of my chest.  It has been bothering
me for a while.  The Lafayette area doesn't have very many IH's anyway, I
have seen one 800, two II's (one with Mississippi plates, the other a
Wal-mart employee, haven't seen it in a while, looked pretty nice), a
Terra, and a couple of old trucks, and that is IT.  A county that has
around 60,000 people, you'd think there'd be more.  That count doesn't
include my 800, don't know if I can count it or not, as it isn't on the
road yet.
Oh, BTW, any of you in the LP of Mich area, a guy at the Phillips 66 gas
station in Baldwin had a IH truck for sale.  I didn't get much of a look
at it, but it is 4wd, body looked VERY clean, interior needs a lot of
work.  It was an early 60's truck.  Registered in WY, had a v8.  I didn't
talk to the owner about it, just his coworkers somewhat.  They said he
wanted a grand for it.  One of them said something about it having a
cracked manifold.  I would assume exhaust, but I don't know.  As I said, I
didn't get much of a look at it, but the guy drove it there from WY, so it
has to be in pretty good mechanical shape.  It was a dark green color and
had a topper too.  Oh yeah, it was a manual tranny, don't know about T/C
setup.  Hope somebody who'll love it buys it.  I didn't think I could
afford it when I only had 90 bucks on me and VERY little in my checking
account.  Sorry that I didn't get a name either, we were ready to go.
Gotta go, lab is closing.

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800
1965 Scout 80