Re: alternate fuels

> On the thread that was started with the propane conversion trucks, don't
> get propane confused with Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) systems.  The
> local Natural gas company around here is running several fleet trucks,
> small , large, and minivans on CNG.  Propane has very little punch to
> it.  ie:it is a small molecule and has very little power compared to the
> large gasoline molecule.
>       If you want to feel what your truck feels like to run on propane
> put several mothballs in your gas tank. (not recommended)  It takes all
> the octane out of the fuel.   CNG on the other hand has more
> power(closer to gasoline) and runs clean like propane.  The problem to
> date is availability.  It has to be compressed into tanks to get
> cruising range and there are few places to get it.  Canada has plenty of
> it so they may be closer to getting distribution sites available.
> Canadian Digesters', any comments????
>
> For my buddy with the TV on the dash he can now fill up the gas tank at
> a new Sh*ll station down the road and watch CNN while he fills.  This
> place is becoming too much like LA. :(
>
> Rob Marks
> NW Binders Pres.
> 74 Scout/  SSII/Square headlight grill/ 345 auto/Jacob's box/gold
> box/Q-jet/
> Jacob's anti theft black box.
> Why do I need an anti-theft box on this vehicle when running a Q-jet and
> a gold box???It's more finicky than a rich lady's cat.

 My Scout had a CNG system on it when I bought it. It wasn't hooked up, and
I didn't bother to try it. My problem with it was that the CNG tank took up
at least half of the cargo area behind the rear seat.

 Later,                    /\  curt_cleavinger@domain.elided
   Curt                 /\/  \        /\
 [/</]   \_/       [\>\]              '75 Travelall 150
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II