Re: alternate fuels

Owen and others:

>Hmmmm... can't say that I have.  I guess I don't have as much danger
and
>fun in my life as Tom does!  First it's looking down the barrel of a
spud
>cannon and now it's a 2x4 on th accelerator pedal... I've got a lot of
>catching up to do.

I once had a friend in high school who I rode up skiing with.   Had
small TV on dash, breakfast on the seat next to him, and a brick on the
pedal for cruise control.  Only rode with him once.  Too much snow and
ice on the road...

Still catching up on digests and life:

On the thread that was started with the propane conversion trucks, don't
get propane confused with Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) systems.  The
local Natural gas company around here is running several fleet trucks,
small , large, and minivans on CNG.  Propane has very little punch to
it.  ie:it is a small molecule and has very little power compared to the
large gasoline molecule.
      If you want to feel what your truck feels like to run on propane
put several mothballs in your gas tank. (not recommended)  It takes all
the octane out of the fuel.   CNG on the other hand has more
power(closer to gasoline) and runs clean like propane.  The problem to
date is availability.  It has to be compressed into tanks to get
cruising range and there are few places to get it.  Canada has plenty of
it so they may be closer to getting distribution sites available.
Canadian Digesters', any comments????

For my buddy with the TV on the dash he can now fill up the gas tank at
a new Sh*ll station down the road and watch CNN while he fills.  This
place is becoming too much like LA. :(

Rob Marks
NW Binders Pres.
74 Scout/  SSII/Square headlight grill/ 345 auto/Jacob's box/gold
box/Q-jet/
Jacob's anti theft black box.
Why do I need an anti-theft box on this vehicle when running a Q-jet and
a gold box???It's more finicky than a rich lady's cat.