Re: boneyards

Well, for those easterners, since it seems so hard to find a 'binder..

I remember, in Erie, PA, a few spots.. one is a junk yard kinda downtown
(can't remember the name).. I remember seeing an orange Scout II, along with
a couple others, hiding in the back..

Also, there's a Scout II sitting in a field next to the Hogshead
(Houndshead?) Tavern, on Route 6N, between the I-79 exit (for 6N) and
Edinboro, PA (20m south of Erie).  If you get off I79 at the 6N/Edinboro
exit, and head towards Edinboro, the Hogshead is on your left.  You'll see
the Tavern, the Scout (sitting on the edge of a hill in the field.. looks
very impressive, it's a blue Scout II w/ a rollbar and some rust.. couldn't
tell you any more), then a line of pine trees.

I might still have the guy's business card in my old wallet at home..

Actually, if you go WAY back in the 'Digest archives, I posted about this
Scout back around the end of '94... probably find a better description of
what it was (I did look to see if it was a juice box or manual, but it's
been so long)

*smile*  I guess my memory still works..

I also have a friend that uses a Scout or two as farm trucks near Erie.. at
least, he was.. they stopped letting him drive the Scout.. something about
how you DON'T plow fields at 35mph... (they had the discs hooked up to the
Scout)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout II