Re: 1950 L-120

>I am new to the list and may get blackballed for this but what the
>hey!!!
>Scouts, Scouts, Scouts!!!  Does anyone out there own an IH built before
>1960?  I am in the process of restoring a 1950 L-120 and am having
>trouble finding parts/info.  Any information or leads would be greatly
>appreciated. (:
>Tom
>1950 L-120 needing Chrome parts, front bumper, glass and a
>weatherstriping kit!

Heck ya, I have three (3) prckups prior to 1960! Regards to chrome
parts, for the "L" line you will have to look hard to find them. They
had a tendancy to disapear. The windshield was still available the
last time I checked,as well as weaterstripping parts. You should be
able to take a "R" line seal and trim it  for the shorter cab. The
front bumper was used from 1950 to 1957 ("L" to "S") and are not too
hard to come by. Look for the wrecking yard that has been around for
awhile (i.e. blackberry bushes) and you should be able to fiind some
parts for your search. If you need any other sources, let me know.

Scott Satterlund
Binder Books
PO Box 230269
Tigard, Oregon 97281-0269
503.684.2024, Fax 503.684.3990
Operators Manuals/Parts Catalogs/Service Publications
Farm Tractor History Books
Specializing in International Harvester Products
http://www.binderbooks.com