Re: blinker question???

Ed Kraus wrote:

>         My outside marker lights and blinkers work fine.  HOWEVER my dash
> lights are questionable.  I was asking if the Dash blinkers should be on
> solid till selected then blink OR if they should be out till selected
> then blink????

Sounds like a loose ground, I had this problem with a '68 pontiac, turn
indicators would come on with the parking lights. Turn signal housings
were not grounded and back fed from the parking light filament to the
common ground (base of the bulb) through the turn signal filament to
the  dash indicator filament to ground.  A maddening problem. Check to
make sure all your bulbs are good, then clip a jumper from ground to the
various sockets and the dash. Or remove bulbs till the dash light goes
out, then try to reastablish ground(just loosening and retightening the
screws may do the trick).
Eric