Re:replacement starters

At the same time, I'm planning on replacing my starter soon (it has to be
the next thing to go, it's Murphy's Law!), does anyone have a suggestion
for a good replacement that would make a difference over a basic rebuilt
model from my local shop?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,

Don't know much about this other than the ads I've seen but...
Here's the snip from Fourwheeler:

MEAN GREEN STARTER
MG Industries has entered the aftermarket bolt-on field with this 4.4:1
gear reduction starter. According to the manufacturer, it provides 100
percent more torque than stock. The starter has roller bearing support
(instead of bushings) and an integrated solenoid which operates at extreme
temperatures. They're available for most gas and diesel vehicles. Contact
MG Industries, Inc., Dept. FW, P.O. Drawer 336, Laughlintown, PA.
15655-0336, (412)532-3090, (412)532-3191 (fax)

Fourwheeler February 1998

I have nothing to do with this company !

Mark A. Pepe			mpepe@domain.elided		Tucson,Az