1977 Scout II with manual hubs.

>Forum for Discussion of International Harvester
>       Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
>       Digest Coordinator

1977 Scout II with manual hubs..

 I was hoping for some advice before I tear into my hubs. Recently I
have been hearing a major vibration/rubbing coming from the front end of
my '77. This happens just after going over a bump in the road. The noise
stops when I slow my speed to 2-4 mph. and then does not begin again
till the next bump. I had a '75 with the same problem, and the shop that
fixed it said that a washer had come loose in the hub and was rubbing on
the bearings. If anyone can save me some time and effort before I open
the hubs up I would appreciate it.
                                            Thanks
                                                     Chris