Re: Propane conversion

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Joseph M. Shaw, II wrote:

> come across what is apparently a very nice mid 70's crew cab pick-up
> that I may be able to pick up fairly inexpensively.  It's body is in
> very good condition, original paint, no rust that I could see, and it's
> been inside a garage for a few years not running.  It has a propane
> set-up on it, though, and I have a few questions.

I don't *think* it'll run reg'lar gas *and* propane.  From what I recall,
there were a number of IH's built *from the factory* to run on Propane..
Howard can probably fill us all in on WHY (or rather, for WHOM) this was
built, but it's so.

The shop manual lists somewhere a particular carb. for use on propane
powered IH V8s.

I dunno.. might be kinda fun to have a propane rig.  Anyone know if
Propane will be around longer than good ol' gasoline?  If you plan on
driving your IH well past the century mark.. :)

-Tom