Re: Auto hubs and spools...

><snip>
>
>In addition to loss of compression braking, your will lose 4 wheel drive
in
>reverse.  If you need to go backward, you will have to get out and
>lock your hubs.

Absolutely NOT true for Warn Lockomatic Hubs.  They pull equally well
forward or reverse.  If they didn't, they would have to be labeled for
Left or Right side use, as forward rotation on one side is reverse
rotation on the other side.  The thing they won't do is turn the axle
shafts due to wheel rotation.

There have been some semi-automatic hubs that pulled themselves into gear
in forward mode and unlocked by reversing, but I don't know if these are
even built any longer.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts