ADRS, parts pile

>Daniel Youngquist-
>Here here! My thoughts exactly! I defy some young punkass to try to steal
my
>scout. They could hotwire the damn thing, but they aren't going anywhere
with
>the engine kill knob pulled out! I like driving an "ugly scout". Cause I
know

>All this traffic about low theft appeal starting ... take the acid
>test, remove the key switch, replace with start button and a number
>of choke and/or glow plug widgets ... should confound any thief.
>mark

 Why remove the key switch?  Leave it in, AND add a seperate start
switch way under the dash like I did.  Even better, use a
manual starter button instead of a solenoid.  This will leave
you with an extra circuit off of your key switch, good for
maybe rigging a really loud "get out of my truck" alarm.

>morale booster during the darkest hours of the teardown, when it's way
too
>late to turn back but the pile of greasy parts keeps getting bigger and
>bigger....;)
>Jim

Winter arrived last night, as I was madly trying to reattach
doors, windows, and everything else to keep the inside of my
truck dry.  Now that's a pile of parts to replace in the
middle of the night!

-Jesse van Herk
-1940 K2