Re: theft

<<A good anti-theft measure for IHC gas engines is to rig a hidden switch
which interupts your internal distributor wiring on the primary side.

The wiring for such a set up needn't be more than 16 - 18 guage and is
easily hidden within the wiring harness wrap.

When the hidden switch is open, the would-be thief can run all the jumper
wire power he wants directly from the battery to the ignition coil, but
ain't no sparks going to come out.>>

Yup, that's what I have on my truck. Looked stock to me at first, but after
veiwing the JCWhitney catalog over a couple of times, It looks exactly like
the one they have in there. Basically, its just an inconspicuous little handle
that's mounted in my glovebox. Throw it, and nobody can start the dang thing.
It seems less obvious than a little toggle under the dash or something, except
if the theif looks under the hood, he might notice that the battery leads run
directly to a little bell shaped thing on the firewall. I figure most theives
are pretty dumb, but if they go rummaging through my glovebox to try and not
walk away empty handed (I don't know why anyone would keep anything valuable
in their glovebox???), they might notice the lever, and put two and two
togethor, or whatever that saying is. Anyway, even if they do drive it, the
Jacob's ignition system (which I should be getting this summer) has that
feature on it that slowly makes the sparks shut off, as if you're running out
of gas. Sounds like a cool feauture to me. So unless they can figure out that
they didn't run out of gas (this is assuming they don't freak out completely
and start running), know about that particular feature, and are able to locate
the switch that switche between my Jacob's system and my stock system, they're
in trouble! Just a thought,
Devin Smith
'65 Scout 80