Dash gauge voltage regulator

>So, anyway, here is my question.... According to the manual,
>these constant voltage regulators can be both internal to
>a particular guage, and they can be a separate external unit
>as well... Would it be possible to buy an external unit (new)
>and simply hook it up to the "A" terminals on both my temp
>and fuel gauges??? It's either that, or I continue to search
>for the temp guage I need and risk it being in bad shape like
>the one I have.
>
>If an external one will work, is it something that I can just
>walk into my local kragen and find???
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>John Townley
>San Diego, CA
>65 Scout 80

John,
See the FAQ where somebody, I think John L., tells you how to build your
own regulator with easily obtainable parts.
John

John Hofstetter a.k.a. Ol'Saline, who's been a lot of places none of us is
allowed to go anymore and that's a real tragedy, and who to quote the
senator from Texas, "has more guns than he needs but not as many as he
wants"
79 Scout Terra with 8000 lb. Warn Winch, Detroit Locker in rear and limited
slip in front, 4" Trailmaster lift kit, Holley Electronic Fuel Injection,
Mallory Unilite Distributor                                  MSD ignition
"It's a legend", but it's too darn long and too darn wide sometimes to go
where I ask it to go.

National Rifle Association Life Member   California Rifle and Pistol
Association
Blue Ribbon Coalition                    Friends of Death Valley
Sierra Macintosh Users Group             MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Association of California School Administrators  Life Member