Cleaning Heads

>>I was going to just "GUNK" everything and spray it
>>down good, but don't know if "GUNK" has any abrasive qualities to it.
>
>No... gunk isn't abrasive.  I don't know if I'd want to use Gunk in your
>situation though.  It's meant to be sprayed on, maybe brushed if the grime
is
>really bad and the hosed off *with water*.  I wouldn't want to get a bunch
of
>water inside my parts.  Gung is best used on the outside of engines.  I'd
>stick with some petroleum based solvent.

From my own experience, Gunk engine degreaser with a high pressure water
hose or pressure washer works pretty good to get a majority of the crap off,
 but to get any carbon deposits, you'll have to use something like
kerosene.  As long as you blow out as much water as you can with compressed
air, you shouldn't have to worry.  Just don't leave them lying around for
weeks before reinstalling them.  Compressed air blow-off should be part of
your kerosine process anyway.  The Gunk and hose trick worked great for the
aluminum heads on my '94 Toyota pickup's 3.0 V6, so I think it'll be ok on
your cast 345 heads.  Choice is yours.
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20
'94 Toyota 4x4 extended cab 3.0 V6 "Yota" (commuter vehicle)