Engine Block Weight

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 08:46:43 -0800, Mike Bucher
<mbucher@domain.elided> wrote:

>Lets see, heads on a 345 weigh about 80# x 2 = ~160# + intake manifold 70#
>or so, whole thing comes to 230# =/-.  Do you have a skyhook handy?

Just out of curiosity, could anyone venture to guess how much a 345 block
would weigh after you removed the intake manifold, exhaust manifolds,
heads, water pump, etc... but left in the crank, pistons, etc.

Someday I'll have to pull my 345 to rebuild it, and I have limited space in
which to do it.  My plan would be to strip the engine as much as possible
before attempting to pull it.  But I fear it still might weigh in the 500
pound range... no?

Happy New Year,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |