RE: Rolling Iron

>This is one of the reasons I bought my IHs.. to avoid such unhappy
>circumstances of having to overhaul or seek out a new best friend.  I was
>crushed when someone destroyed the driver's fender on my '76 Chevy Luv..
for
>a short time I had visions of putting a large steel blade on the front, or
>an I-beam.. that then progressed to wanting a 3/4Ton Travelall with a
large
>steel blade on the front...

How 'bout a winch bumper and a brush guard welded up outta flat stock? Some
snow plow marker rods out on the far corners?

>Instead I've settled for a pair of Scout IIs which will be receiving some
>serious bumper upgrades.  Thus far their sheer bulk (and a few
strategically
>placed dents) have done a lot to deter accidents.. that nice new Cadillac
>that was *thinking* about cutting out in traffic thought twice when they
saw
>me in a Scout II..

Ah, yes...the benefits(such as they are) of big ol' iron. Not much beats a
Travelall for getting your right of way in traffic ,even with the
proliferation of 'Burbans and other full size SUV's. No one wants to risk
their shiny paint ;)

Jim