19 gallon tank in 800s?

> Or, you could get a single 19 gallon fuel tank, one
>strap, a sending unit, and some plumbing out of a single tank 80 or 800. I
>wish you luck.
>Devin Smith
>'65 Scout 80

I have a single tank 800 (so far) with one 11 gallon tank.  A single 19
gallon tank?  That's news to me<TinC>!!  Where did it fit?

I have found a single tank that I think will fit between the frame rails in
the very back of an 800- I am going to do some final measurements, but I'm
pretty sure a tank from an 82-94 or so Camaro/Firebird will work.  There
will be some difficulties with the filler neck, of course, but my
measurements show that it will physically fit between the rails and stay
out of the way of the shocks.

Thoughts?

Paul Brakefield
"Dirtball"