Re: will not start

>The problem:
The starter makes a noise like it is spinning, but nothing is happening. <

    This may be grasping at straws, but when I went from 4 speed to 727tf I
remember having a starter problem.  Something about the starter being too
long and constantly engaging the flex plate.  Maybe your starter is
functioning properly, but not reaching the flywheel.
   When I was doing my swap I noticed some Scout starters were shorter than
others.

Doug