Heater Blower Shaft Rotation

Hi All!  I will have a heater in a week or two and by default, a defroster
:-).  It is getting nippy here and I'm almost out of the anti-fog coating I've
been using (Rain-Ex brand, great stuff!)  My squirrel cage was out-of-round in
2 different planes so I opted for a new one.  I also had to buy a new blower
motor but NAPA couldn't tell me if the new motor rotated clockwise or
counterclockwise, which determines the correct fan.  Can I "hot patch" the
blower across the battery without burning the motor?  I know a fused link
would be safer, but I'd rather not bolt the whole thing together to find out.
And thanks to y'all for tips about the bounce in my speedo cable - between the
white grease and straightening the cable all is well.  Thanks for the help, I
may complete all the projects I have for this truck in the next decade...

Steve Mallinson
62 C100 PU, almost w/ heat.
Seattle, WA