alternators: 63 or 94 amps?

With all this talk about alternators, mine decided to blow a fuse.   If I go
with the 94 amps, do I have to up grade any wires in the harness.  There was
a statement about going over 100 amps and burning the wires.   On page 106 of
the Jan/Feb Summit catalog, The Powermaster 94 amps, Max output @5,600 rpm;
Cut in @ 1,150 rpm ; 2,400 rpm: 61 amps. $96.95
Since I rarely go over 3000 rpms, I will never get 94 amps.  Also, the cut in
seems too high.   Is this typical for 94 amp alternators,and/or will I need
to get a smaller pulley?  The 94 amp at AutoZone is $59 plus $30 core,  my
core is not the same.

Scott Ray
'76 Scout