Re: will not start

On Thu, 25 Dec 1997, Danny Anderson wrote:

> connected to start the engine by jumping the starter.  The problem:
> The starter makes a noise like it is spinning, but nothing is happening.
> Nothing.  I hear a whine from the starter, but nothing else remotely
> sounding like metal making contact with metal, etc.

The motor isn't runing over, either?  Sounds like the solenoid isn't
engaging.. not that I know how to *fix* that problem!  Actually, I
replaced the solenoid on my '77 once already due to a similar problem..
though, when the solenoid would stick, I'd get more of a whirr-chunk kind
of grinding noise when I'd hit the starter..

-Tom