re:Subject: Low Profile Mirror Mounting HELP

John, you might try mounting your mirrors with a
rubber-encapsulated-brass-nut.  As you can tell, I have forgotten what
they are called but can be found at most good hardware stores.  When
tightened, they expand to grip the back of the hole.  I think I have
similar mirrors on my 76 traveler and I used these to mount them years
ago.  Didn't rattle, or fall off ever.  Folded them up inadvertently on
the trail many times.  They required a 1/2" hole but were still covered
up by brackets.  Drilled holes,  painted truck, then installed inserts
and mirrors..  No rust around holes to date.  Make sure vent wing can
open and you can see the full mirror and you should be set.

Rob