A/C compressor bracket

  All of this talk about on board air compressors has me wanting one for my
Scout II (304 V8).  I read in one of the magazines that the Quick-Air brand
compressor with a 2.5 gallon tank could only remove like 4 lug nuts before
it ran out of air :-(    Plus they cost over $200.  Not very impressive, so
I think a converted a/c compressor is the way to go.   I already have a
good working air conditioner that I want to keep.  So I will need to have
two compressors mounted.  What would be ideal is an a/c compressor bracket
for the drivers side of the engine. But I don't know if such an animal
exists.  Maybe the RHD (Australians please speak up) Scouts or other IH's
mounted the a/c compressor on the left side? Otherwise It looks like I will
need to fabricate a bracket to mount the second compressor, any ideas?

John Landry wrote:
>I used my compressor setup with a tank installed to sand blast an
>dirty old IH four barrel intake manifold I bought for my Scout.  This was
>one of those Sears sandblasting kits that I think recommends a 5 hp
>compressor (not sure the cfm requirements, but it's pretty high).  At a
>fast engine idle, the York compressor could not quite keep up for
>continuous sand blasting.  I would blast for about 30 seconds and as the
>effectiveness of the blasting wore off, I'd let the air tank refill for
>about the same.  Worked like a charm.  I had the thing running for over an
>hour cleaning all sorts of parts I had lying around.

That isn't bad at all John.  I also have a Sears sandblaster.  I use it
with my 5hp, 60 gallon tank, 11 SCFM at 90psi air compressor.  I can blast
for about 10 minutes before I have to let the air compressor catch up.
I think the reason I can blast for so much longer is more because of the
volume of the tank.  No telling what yours would do with a 60 gallon tank.
Sandblasting consumes far more air then any of the air
tools I own.

>I'm using a Square-D pressure switch (part number FHG-12J52) that
>energizes the compressor clutch when the pressure drops below 95 psi and
>de-energizes the clutch when the pressure hits 125 psi.  I have a safety
>pop off valve in the system which gives way at 150 psi, because that's
what
>my air line filter and tank are rated at (protecting the weak links).  The
>York compressor is capable of *much* higher pressures though.  I also
>installed an "unloader" valve which relieves the pressure on the output
>side of the compressor when it stops.  This makes it easier for the
>compressor to restart when it cycles because it doesn't have to start
>against all that pressure.

Would I be able to buy the pressure switch and the unloader at any air tool
shop?

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs, CO