Re: American Express

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, J MICHAEL SHAW II wrote:

> Okay, I asked this once, but it was at the end of a long, boring entry,
> so maybe noone noticed it.  Does anyone know of a place from which I can
> order IH parts using my American Express card.  I'm one of those people
> that is terrible about having money, but great about paying off my
> bills.  I can't scrape together $400.00 most of the time, but can always
> pay off $1000.00 or so when the bill comes in.  If anyone knows of a
> vendor that takes AMEX, please let me know.

I can't answer your question, but keep in mind that it costs vendors about
1.5% - 2% more to sell you something on AmEx than on other credit cards.
That's why there are so many vendors that don't accept AmEx.  Even if you
find one that does, he'll like you a little better if you use a different
card.

Daniel Youngquist | INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE |     HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS
tel: 541-688-9263 | Memory & Memory Adapters | Grain Mills, Water Filters
fax: 541-688-9775 |  www.teleport.com/~dany  | www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
dany@domain.elided | * VISA * MasterCard * Great Prices * NO SALES TAX! *
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
    Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759