No HEAT!!!

Having just put my hard top back on (day after Thanksgiving) and the
weather outside getting frightful, I now need some heat...Replaced heater
core and some heater lines and took of the flow regulater ( don't know if
that's the correct term of not) and made sure it was open  and free and
clear...put it all back together and started driving, and have driven for
two weeks now and still NO heat....I pulled the hoses of the core and
yep, theres water and coolant in there....what have I missed? Any
suggestions would be helpful and the Wife (who puts up with the Scout,
But I'm not so sure she likes it) would have to stop laughing at me if I
could get some heat...

Thanks for any Help

JB
79 Scout

PS...If the weather would stay like this...6 days to Christmas and it's a
nice 67 and sunny here in Little Rock, ARkansas....Maybe I should just
take the Top of again!!!