Re:exaust brake? miss.

O.K. gang I don't have the number for the exaust pipes but they were
listed in the computer. I only got the two pipes from  the manifold to
the muffler these were like 160.00 or something. I know you could get
the complete system from the manifold to the tailpipe with the mufflers
but I needed to put catalythic converters on mine. The pipes are only
for '78 or lder cars because of the cats.
   I was talking to a Hot Rodder friend of mine about disk brakes
conversions on older cars. He said that when you put disk brakes on the
front with drums in the back you need to put a two pound check valve in
the front circuit because the disks push to much fluid out into the
master cylinder. This valve gives the pedal a firmer feel. My question
is, Do all disk Scouts have a check valve in the circuit or the
proportioning valve? If not this would explaine why the brakes are so
soft.
   As a non topic question. I am doing an axle seal on a Bonco this
weekend (a diluted  friend's not mine). I need to know if I need to have
any special tools for this job. Please respond off the list.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
1979 International Scout EXR                              (Extreme Rust)
Have a Happy Holiday and a Safe New Year.