Stuck Drums

I had a similar problem when doing the brakes on a friend's Civic.  Shure,
a 2500 lb Honda and a 7300 pound Travelall may not have much in common,
except for metal stuff seemingly welded together by rust.

Anyway, when I gave up trying to get the drums off, I took it to the local
grizzled mechanic, and he told me to take it back home, loosen the lug nuts
(just loosen, NOT take them off!), start the car, put it in gear and move
it back and forth a bit, then stamp on the brakes.  This loosened the drum
right up and it came off...

Of course, don't move the damn thing too far with loose lug nuts!

John Teller
Travelall is doing farm duty.
Too rusty for these Northern VA inspectors.