How are *Old* are you, in IH-years, that is?

>I think  age is irrelevant to IH ownership/repair.
>It should be calculated by how long you have owned an IH vehicle of any
>type.  Granted, I would only be 8 months old, but I am a fast learner.

The EQUATION:

Age (sub I-H) = (#of I-H vehicles owned)*(average length of ownership of
each one)*(I-H Acceleration Factor-see table 1 below)*(Wife Tolerance
Factor-see table 2 below)

I-H Acceleration Factor:

2-3 bought in one month:  10
2-3 bought in one year:   5
3-5 bought in one year:   7
2 bought total:           2
1 bought total:           1

Wife (Or Significant Other) Tolerance Factor (WTF)

Wife Grew up in I-H Dealership:           10
WifeWould rather drive Scout than car:    7
Wife Likes I-H's                          5
Wife Tolerates I-H parts in the garage:   3
Wife Puts-up with the Whole Thing:             1

Let's see, for me, we bought our First Scout on our First Date in Oct.
1995.  By October 1996 had bought 4 Scouts, 2 Travelalls, 1 Pickup.  First
Scout Oct. 1995, First Travelall Nov. 1995. (factor 10)  Pickup Dec. 1995.
(factor 10 again-overlapping with the one before counts!)  Second Scout and
Travelall both April 1996 (Factor 10 again!)  Last two Scouts, both Oct.
1996 (Factor 10 again!).  Times 10 again becuz wife grew up in I-H
dealership.  Let's see, let's say for conservatism, the average age of an
I-H we own is one year.

Solving for Age(sub I-H) we have:

Age=1*10*10*10*10*10= 100,000 years old in Scout Years.  <Hmm, mebbe these
factors need some polishing>. :)

Tom (the fossil) Lang
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm halfway through my fishburger and I
realize, Oh my God... I could be eating a
slow learner."  -- Lynda Montgomery