Re: Tom's not old???

>were well over double my age. Of course, this is very common with fellow Scout
>owners, as I don't think a Scout is normally the car of choice for my

I think we're all a little warped.. I mean, no power windows, no power door
locks, BENCH SEATS, No leather, I don't even OWN an Automatic (brother and
mom have one each tho'), it creaks, it leaks, heck.. my stuff gets rained on
in the summer! (no top.. heh)  I have dents and it has the wondeful styling
of the '70s...

BUT WE LOVE 'EM.  :-)  Where else can I get my winter 4x4, work horse, V8,
*convertible*, seat 5 comfortably, and just make so darn much fun.. Then add
in the low cost of admission (sub $1000 around here).

To get the same (roughly) I'd spend over $30k on.. oh, despite being a Chevy
fan, the Dodge RAM's have caught my attention.. maybe a quad Cab, short box
2500HD, all the heavy duty goodies, V10, NV4500, 4.10 gears, etc.  That does
most of it, but it's still bigger n' my Scout.. and, the really bad part, is
installing the full roll cage in the cab, and then taking a sawzall to the
roof (ok, a torch) and fabricating something so I can put that nice shiny
new Dodge cab roof back on when winter sets in... :-)

>awesome hooks so many young dreamers) or, if on a small budget, many actually
>favor the cars of the '80's to the tried and true classics. 'Course if
>everyone at my school drove a I'd probably get mad. So either way I wind up

My favorite is items like the Geo Metro Convertible.. 3cyl with a drop top.
That *really* gets me excited.. that little 3cyl puff-puff-puff just beats
the sound of an IH V8 (or a Chevy small block) *any day*... Yeah, right.

It gets better when I see the Metro (or a Chevette/Citation/Tiempo/whatever)
with a couple large subwoofers in the back and fuzzy dice.. now if that
isn't the coolest car I've ever seen since a '70 LS6 454 drop top Chevelle
SS, I don't know what is!

-Tom (shaking his head)
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs