Re: gaskets

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997 07:36:42 -0700, "Abrusci, Mike (NM75)"
<mike.abrusci@domain.elided> wrote:

>I am going to replace my intake manifold gasket this weekend and they
>sold me a metal one and FelPro says to use goop. Is this right?

Yes... amazingly this combination actually works!  You smear a thin film of
the special sealer to each side of the steel gasket and let it become
tacky.  If you carefully lower the intake manifold in place, the gasket
will stay in place held by the tacky sealer.  Follow the directions that
came with the gasket carefully.  Works like a charm.

Happy holidays,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |