Re: ihc-digest V5 #66 RE: Tom Mander approach to cooling

I'm going to machine a set of new pulleys for my 345.  These will work
with serpentine belts.  Saves a lot of noise.  The pulleys can be any
diameter, within reason and available space.

To increase the water flow in the engine we would just make a smaller fan
pulley and everything else would continue to run at the same speed.   Check
it out John L.  You would have to change the belt length.

Would anyone be interested in these serpentine belt pulleys?  I have no
idea what they would cost.  They'd be aluminum and my goal is for bolt in
replacement.  I'm to lazy to modify everything  else.  Underdrive or
overdrive could be arranged.

Please send e-mail.  Can you tell how far behind I am in reading Digests?

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776