Cooling Problems

In respose to the questions about high temp. at idle in the desert...My '76
Scout with a 345 gets very hot at idle (rush hour traffic) here in Las Vegas
during the summer.  At idle, the temp. gets as high as 230 degrees.  I have
replaced the radiator, water pump, fan clutch, therm., hoses, etc..  Once I
get rolling, it cools down quickly.  My guess is that this is just "normal"
for this motor??...or am I overlooking something?

Thanks,

Chris