re:jacobs/fuel inj.

I am running the Jacob's Omni team on my 74 345/q-jet Scout II.   Have
been for about two years.  This engine is tired and has two plugs that
like to foul.  The Q-jet also runs somewhat lean.  Running the omni team
helps get this beast through emissions and helps cold running.  Plugs
are gapped to .055 I think.  Two problem cylinders foul but Jacob's
fires them anyway.  No appreciable change in gas mileage but the engine
is tired.   If I was to do it again I would purchase the Jacob's wires
and the MSD.  My Jacob's coil is on the right side, next to the washer
fluid res.  Too much heat on rear firewall.

Guy in our club has bored out a two barrel intake manifold for fuel
injection.  I have yet to see it, and it sounds promising.   I'll keep
all posted.

Rob Marks  NW Binders pres