Tom's Public Service for the day

Took my '77 in for a lube n' oil last night (back off!  It only pay to have
someone else do it once a year.. they get to change the
tranny/tcase/whatever else and lube it all up.. 'rest of the year I change
the oil).

Anyhow.. aside from having really dirty tranny fluid (changed), the other
item they pointed out to me was...

The rod protruding from the bellhousing that the solid clutch linkage rocks
on.. apparently lost or never had a cotter-pin in it, and my clutch rod
(from the pedal down) had nearly worked it's way right off the end.. that
would've been a fun one to figure out late one night..

So.. next time you're under your Scout or doing something.. here's one more
of those "Gee, I never thought to look" maintenance items to check off.

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs