Carb, Brake drums

On Wed, Dec. 17 Luke posted:
>I wanted to add that this problem showed up a few days ago, then got worse
>over a corse of about 3 days.  AND!!!!!!  i was thinking it was flooding
>out, so I pulled off the air cleaner cover and drove it like that for a
>little and it ran EVEN worse.  I think I will just shoot it (it already
>has a bullet hole through the hood :)

>Thanks :)
>Luke

Luke,
Have you tried running the engine with the choke slightly closed. I had a
carb on my 73 that I had to run with the choke partially closed until I had
time to rebuild it. Might be worth a try, especially if the problem is a
lean mixture.

Denni,
Try beating around the front outside edge of the drums with a hammer to
loosen them up. If the are already trashed (rusted), vent some of your
frustration. If you plan to reuse them, just don't hit them as hard.

Yank