Re: more info on my travelall :)

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 02:26:37 -0700 (MST), Luke Nelson <lnelson@domain.elided>
wrote:

>I wanted to add that this problem showed up a few days ago, then got worse
>over a corse of about 3 days.  AND!!!!!!  i was thinking it was flooding
>out, so I pulled off the air cleaner cover and drove it like that for a
>little and it ran EVEN worse.  I think I will just shoot it (it already
>has a bullet hole through the hood :)

Luke,

Have you taken a fuel sample?

If the problem occurred suddenly, you may have purchased a tank of fuel
with some degree of water in it.  This can lead to some of the symptoms you
describe... a lean running low power condition.  I've had this happen
before in my younger days and immediately thought it was my fuel pump.  As
I disconnected the fuel lines I noticed the gas pouring out looked more
like orange juice than gasoline.

If you find this is the case, add a couple of bottles of gas drier (usually
an alcohol blend to assimilate the water) and top off with good gasoline.
Run the tank until almost completely empty then change your fuel filter and
fill up with more fresh gas and maybe one more can of gas drier.

Just a thought... don't give up.

Merry Christmas,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |