Many questions

First, my apologies if I am asking questions that have been discussed
and have become boring.  I really need to know!  All  questions
refer to a 1979 Scout II with a 345, stock in and out except for a
four barrel carb.

1.  Electronic Ignition.
I am looking to get better cold weather starts, more power, and maybe
better fuel economy.   Does anybody have experience with the Jacobs
systems.  Are they as good as the ads claim?  Is it a project that I
can do myself (I have swapped engines and trannies before)?  Most
important, is it California smog legal?

2. Fuel Injection
Same desired results as electronic ignition.  Same questions.

With Electronic Ignition and Fuel Injection, would it make sense to
do one or the other or would both be the best bet?

3.  Winches.
I am also considering a winch.  It would be used mostly for opps
recovery.  Other uses would include log dragging and stump pulling.
What kind of experiences have those who do the same had?

Thank you for your answers and patience.

Todd Cottengim
todd@domain.elided