Re: NewZealandExperiences?

Mark (gehl@domain.elided) wrote:
>Greetings,
>I am interested in determining if there are any New Zealand
>subscribers to this list.  Are there any/many Scouts on
>the islands or is this really LandRover territory?  Are their
>prohibitive green regulations?  Is there a phenomenal assessed
>tax to import and/or operated vehicles?  What of taxes in
>general?  Tolerance or disdain for Americans?
>All comments/experiences/rumors appreciated!  Mark

The country/farming/"independent living" magazines I read, have had
several favorable articles on New Zealand, (seems the hippies are all
moving to Costa Rica and the freemen types are moving to New Zealand).
There seems to be a less government and taxes situation there along with
what I have heard and read are the most beautiful open spaces and every
type of geographic feature from North America (canyons, plains, deserts,
forests, mountains, fiords, etc). And openness to Americans. There is a
Scout club in AU/NZ, their classified pages are a hoot to read.
http://www.tac.com.au/~scout80/clsfieds.htm
International Scout Owners Club Nationals (Au), contact John Davy
065-669-322 (NSW), John Nicholson 056-275-501 (Vic) or Peter Richards
07-3357-6585 (Qld).

Rob Kasper