Ramsey winch

Howdy,
I am looking at a Ramsey winch thats for sale. 8000 lb., power in and out. Its about 10 years old and looks to be in fair condition.
The winch was mounted under the frame on a Bronco so the i.d. tag is worn off.
Questions:
Did Ramsey make more than one model 8000 lb. winch back then?
Any tips on finding what the model number is (without the i.d. tag)?
Is $350.00 a fair price for a winch this old?
Anything I should check out before handing over my hard earned cash?
I would mount it on a 77 Scout.
TIA,
Willy Cunningham