AMC V8 manual/auto

----------
From:  Shubin, Pete
Sent:  Monday, December 15, 1997 1:20 PM
To:  'owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided'
Subject:  RE: AMC V8 manual/auto

In my search for information on this subject, I found that
some AMC V8 cranks are not drilled for a pilot shaft and thus
will not work with manual transmissions.  Manual transmission
V8s will work with autos.  I forgot where I found this information
but I also remember that this mostly applied to the 401s and
not many of them at that.  AMC drilled most of there crankshafts
but I guess not all.