Re reverse shackle thoughts again

Bryan and all,
I'm not sure why all the bobtail 4x4s have the shackles on front. Jeep had
a RS from the factory on the M38A1 for a few years. I THINK, that the front
shackle arrangement is a function of cost. The frames can be somewhat less
buttressed up front if the fixed mount is at the rear of the spring, in the
middle of the frame, as opposed to the very front of the frame. The fixed
mount has to take the brunt of the abuse after all, especially if it is at
the back of a front spring. This is a thought, probably somewhat cynical to
boot. From my experience, and trying to be truly objective, it sort of
don't matter, for slow going the travel gain is minimal, in a CJ the ride
quality is subtlly changed, the brake dive is insignificantly changed
(especially in a CJ5). I think the big pros are: it seems intuitively more
right, it does SEEM to make the jeep ride better, the racers all do it, and
maybe it makes dropping down off a rock a little less jarring. It's not
hard to do, especially now with all the kits available, so I think it's
worthwhile.

, I've done it to my CJ5, I'm doing it on my son's scrambler (front spring
hangers are broken/breaking now anyway)now and will try to get my
daughter's 800 done before she takes it to Montana with her. So I think
it's worthwhile.