need advice info

  I just bought a  '72 Scout II with a 304, 4 speed, 3.73 dana 30-44,
drum brakes, lots of rustut not in the floors (unlike my 79).
    My questions are lengthy so hang in there.
   1. The 304 has over 160,000 miles on it. My 345 has <10,000. I would
like to replace the 304 with my 345. would it make a difference to put
the 304 heads on the 345? I'm talking significant difference?    2. Will
the 345 bolt right into the compartment? The engine compartment looked
so much more spacious than mine. Are the radiator hoses the same?
   3. How good is the Dana 30? It is easier to do a spring over on,
isn't it? Is having disk brakes that much better than the drums? Can I
do a disk conversion on the 30?
   4. Will my bucket seats bolt right into where the bench seat is?
I appreciate all the help I know I'm going to get on this . Thanks.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
1979 International Scout EXR                              (Extreme Rust)
Have a Happy Holiday and a Safe New Year.